Welcome Home

Hey there everyone, I'm feeling pretty happy and a bit nostalgic. A bit random, but hopefully you don't mind. So at work, I was in a meeting, and saw a chart that had a very cool color palette, so I took a screenshot of the color palette, and decided to use it for art. The art that I used it for was this one, and when I looked at it when it was complete, I pretty much saw a very inviting and warm image. Made me think of home when I was a kid, very warm and inviting, which is why I have titled it Welcome Home.

I started with some color going across the screen from the palette, some dark red, lighter red, and orange. I then distorted them all with Gaussian Blur, Dents, and Radial Blur, changing the center with each color. I then added blue on the right and did the same effects. I then added yellow toward the middle, applied the same effects, but duplicated it before applying the Radial Blur so that I could have a bit of a "sun" toward the middle which I made with Zoom Blur, Dents, and Gaussian Blur. I then blended the layers together with Additive, Overlay, Negation, Normal, and Color Dodge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Jet from Little Einsteins

Eye of the Beholder

Happy After Valentines Day