Grandma Rocket

I'll be doing a bit of something different with this post. Since the picture previews are the first picture, I'll be posting the final product first, and then posting the process after. So I got a suggestion a few months back to make Grandma Rocket on Facebook Messenger, and so I decided I'd take to the challenge. It wouldn't have taken so long to make her, but with COVID and moving to a new apartment, it just got put on the back burner. Finally after weeks, I am pleased with the end result of Grandma Rocket.

Also as promised on Facebook and Instagram, here is the process I took to create her. I first chose a picture that was sent to me by the user that suggested I make her, and made a super rough outline of her as seen below.

Yeah, almost looks like a blob, but that alone took a solid 15 to 30 minutes to make. I then refined it as I went through again, and made the outline a bit better so you have what you see below.

Honestly, nothing terribly different if you don't look close enough, but I refined the hair and made some smoother lines instead of having sharp edges on the front and the engine connection area. I then started making all of the details inside, and with that came a whole lot more adjustments. When I was done with that, I ended with what you see below.

At this point I had spent about two and a half hours on this project, and it was getting late, so I went to bed hoping to get going again on this again soon. I did get the glasses done and the coloring done, so I was able to end up with something like you see below.

However, after that, I got COVID, so I had to help my family feel better (since I wasn't affected to much by it), and after we started feeling better, we moved. So after three weeks of not having been able to have the time to finish her up, I finally got the shading done, refining of the lines, and the chain for her glasses done. Overall this was a fun project to do. Thank you very much for the suggestion! I hope to be able to complete more suggestions in the near future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Jet from Little Einsteins

Eye of the Beholder

Happy After Valentines Day