Watermelon Tourmanline

Hello everyone, it's been a while, but I'm back with more art in the coming months. If anyone is an avid viewer of my blog, I'm sorry I took a while off, but I'm happy to say that I feel pretty decent again. Art is typically my therapeutic realm since I use my brain in a different sense than normal, but my job for the last year has definitely taken a toll on me, so I had to step away for a while. I'm back now with a new image titled Watermelon Tourmanline.

Since the company I work at changed their name and logo, I decided I’d use the logo colors for this. I also darkened the colors so that they are not the exact colors so as to not run into any issues. I started with some of the green color on the left and applied my classic Gaussian Blur, Dents, and Radial Blur, then did the same thing on the salmon side. I then flattened the image after taking the black background out, copied the image, un-flattened it, then pasted the full image on a new layer.


At that point, I applied another Radial Blur and that filled out the color nice. I then applied Motion Blur on some of the first layers with color to give it those lines going in the color from the top right to the top left. Some of the layer blend modes I used throughout the image are Difference, Overlay, Screen, and Lighten. I hope you enjoyed this first installment on a few of my more recent images and I hope to see you here again soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone Head

Left Behind

Space!